Click on the Links below to see the 2014 Carrera Race Results!
All Results (You can search with your registered name or bib number)
2015 Registration & Info
Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 8:00am
Bartolomé De Las Casas Charter School
An UNO Charter School Campus
1641 W. 16th St., Chicago, IL 60608
Join the United Neighborhood Organization (UNO) in promoting health and wellness in our communities through active lifestyles by running/walking and celebrating El Día de los Muertos/Day of the Dead. UNO’s 9th Annual Carrera de los Muertos/Race of the Dead 5k will be held on Saturday, October 31st at 8:00am.
The Carrera de los Muertos/Race of the Dead 5k continues to grow every year! Last year’s race was sold out, with over 5,700 participants running through the colorful streets of Pilsen, Chicago’s most culturally rich and vibrant neighborhood.
2014 Race Highlights Include:
- The only 5k race that runs through Pilsen and University Village in Chicago
- Overall winners and runners who finish in the top three of their age division will be awarded a one-of-a-kind “sugar” skull decorated and painted by a student of the UNO Charter School Network
- Runners will be cheered on with entertainment throughout the race course, including live mariachis, traditional folkloric dance groups and Chicago house music DJs
- A post-race party with authentic and delectable Mexican and Latin American food set to music and a traditional Day of the Dead setting
- Instant access to your personalized race result via text (more information when you register)
- Personalized bib with your name on it (if you register by September 28, 2014)
2015 Registration Deadlines
Registration information will be posted in the upcoming weeks.
*Registration date to get a personalized bib will be provided soon!*
Dates will be determined in September 2015!
2014 Race Map
2014 Market Layout
Transportation to the Race
We strongly encourage public transportation as street parking is extremely limited. Please use the information below in getting to the UNO 5K.
Top male and female finishers as well as runners who finish in the top three of their age/gender divisions will be awarded an original Carrera de los Muertos Champions Skull, painted by an UNO student.
Champions Skulls will be awarded to the following age/gender divisions: 14 and under, 15-19, 20‑24, 25‑29, 30‑34, 35‑39, 40‑44, 45‑49, 50‑54, 55‑59, 60‑64, 65‑69, 70‑and over.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this race course USATF sanctioned?
Do I have to register online?
Yes. Registration is available online. Unless sold out, registration in person will take place ONLY during packet pick-up dates/times and locations. Please check our website for registration information and costs.
What time is the race?
The race begins at 8:00 a.m.
How old must I be to race?
The 5k is open to all ages.
I registered and now I won’t be able to participate; can I still pick up my bib and goodie bag?
Yes. Please stop by packet pick up to collect your bib and race shirt.
I won’t be able to participate; can I transfer my registration to next year or to another person?
No. We’re sorry, but there are no transfers of registration to another person or the following year. Bibs also cannot be transferred from one individual to another.
Can a friend or family member pickup my packet?
Yes. Please send them to packet pick-up with a copy of your race confirmation.
When should I arrive to the course on race day?
It is recommended that all runners arrive at least 30 minutes before the race and to the start line at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the race.
Is there packet pick-up on race day?
Yes. Race-day packet pick-up will take place on race event grounds at 6:30a.m.-7:45 a.m.
Can I register on race day?
No, there will be no race day registration available.
Are there aid stations and portable toilets along the course?
There is 1 aid station with Port-a-Potties on race event grounds in the START and FINISH area.
What will be served at the aid stations?
Are baby strollers allowed?
Baby strollers are permitted. Please be considerate and line-up toward the back.
Can participants wear costumes?
YES! Participants are HIGHLY encouraged to dress in their Halloween best. Costume contest will be held during the post-race party.
Is there gear check for runners?
Yes. Gear check will be available race day to all registered participants from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Gear check bags must be 12 inches by 18 inches or smaller. UNO Race of the Dead 5k is not responsible for lost, damaged or misplaced items. Please have the gear check tab from your bib adhered to your bag prior to entering the gear check lines.
Where can I park?
UNO strongly encourages public transportation to the race. There is a very limited amount of residential parking to the west of Bartolomé de las Casas School (the race goes east, which means parking will be more limited east of the starting point). Bus riders can get off on 18th Street and Ashland. Participants who plan to take the CTA Pink Line and get off on 18th Street station.
Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to issue refunds after you have registered for the race.
More Carrera Information
- Water stations will be present at the race start/finish, as well as at the 1.5-mile mark on the course.
- Mile Markers will be visible on the course.
- Make sure to stick around for the post-race festivities and free giveaways.
- Entertainment includes mariachis, traditional folk dancing and house music DJs; there will be musical entertainment along the race route.
- Medical staff will be on hand in case of emergency.